Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Writers and Their Soundtracks: Wrap Up

Well, thanks for coming along with me on this fun journey! I lied, I'm not doing a podcast for this final entry - time just got away from me, thanks to doing NaNoWriMo this month.

We had 19 participants (myself included) in this series, and I'm grateful to them all for their time and their insights, and for sharing their music.

So, because I'm a geek for analysis, here's a wee bit:

  • 37% use the soundtracks/playlists they noted to actually write their stories to

  • 63% use their soundtracks/playlists to get inspired, but can only write in silence, or to some other kind of music


The most common bands across the soundtracks were:
  • Bruce Springsteen (3)

  • Nine Inch Nails (3)

  • Sigur Ros (3)

  • The Clash (2)

  • Apocalyptica (2)

  • Radiohead (2)

  • Tori Amos (2)

  • Jeff Buckley (2)


I hope those of you who have been following along have had as much fun as I have. It's been fantastic to be exposed to so many new bands, and I'm very grateful to all of the authors who participated!

If you haven't had a chance, do take a few minutes to peruse the websites of the authors who have participated in this series; their websites are all listed off to the right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was so awesome. \o/ I loved every post. Thank you!

Julie K. Rose said...

It was our discussions about playlists and soundtracks that gave me the idea, so thank you!!!

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.